If you are in financial crisis and need an emergency foodbank parcel there are a few simple steps you need to follow, starting with obtaining a food bank voucher.
Click here for information on Foodbank Vouchers.
Foodbank works with local referral agencies who can provide the correct ongoing support for you.
For example, we work with:
- Citizen’s Advice – who provide help with benefits, finances, work related issues, housing, family, and law & courts.
- Job Centre Plus – who can assist with benefit claims.
- Bromley Well – who support the elderly, carers of all ages, people with learning difficulties or disabilities or long-term health problems, and those who are feeling anxious, stressed, or low.
1. Get in touch with us:
If you don’t know which agency to contact, please call us on 0800 9 20 23 24 or email [email protected] and we’ll direct you to a relevant agency.
2. Get in touch with a local referral agency:
- Currently referral agencies are operating remotely due to COVID-19 but are still contactable via telephone or email.
- The referral agency will assess your situation and, if necessary, issue you an e-voucher.
- The agency will then contact us directly, to provide us with your details and telephone number.
- We always aim to make contact with you as soon as possible to arrange your home delivery, but please note that the turn around time for this can be 3 days.
If you can’t afford food, you can call 0808 278 7898 (freephone) to speak to a trained and independent Citizens Advice agent (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm).
You can also email them on [email protected] and include your telephone number along with brief details about your situation.
Please note this number/email is for people who do not have enough money for food – if you are a local organisation or charity that works with people who might need the food bank, please contact us directly.
3. We will call to arrange food parcel collection
- We will contact you via the number you provided the referral agency with.
- We will then discuss your dietary needs.
- We will also discuss any further necessary support for your needs.
If you have any further questions, please visit our FAQ’s page or give us a call.