If you are in financial crisis and need an emergency foodbank parcel there are a few simple steps you need to follow, starting with obtaining a food bank voucher.
Click here for information on Foodbank Vouchers.
Foodbank works with local referral agencies who can provide the correct ongoing support for you.
For example, we work with:
- Citizen’s Advice – who provide help with benefits, finances, work related issues, housing, family, and law & courts.
- Job Centre Plus – who can assist with benefit claims.
- Bromley Well – who support the elderly, carers of all ages, people with learning difficulties or disabilities or long-term health problems, and those who are feeling anxious, stressed, or low.
1. Get in touch with us:
If you don’t know which agency to contact, please call us on 0800 9 20 23 24 or email [email protected] and we’ll direct you to a relevant agency.
2. Get in touch with a local referral agency:
- Currently referral agencies are operating remotely due to COVID-19 but are still contactable via telephone or email.
- The referral agency will assess your situation and, if necessary, issue you an e-voucher.
- The agency will then contact us directly, to provide us with your details and telephone number.
- We always aim to make contact with you as soon as possible to arrange your home delivery, but please note that the turn around time for this can be 3 days.
If you can’t afford food, you can call 0808 2082138 (freephone) to speak to a trained and independent Citizens Advice agent (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm). Please note this number is for people who do not have enough money for food – if you are a local organisation or charity that works with people who might need the food bank, please contact us directly.
Alternatively, please call 0300 330 9039 to speak to Bromley Citizen’s advice, who will be able to issue you with a food bank voucher if necessary.
3. We will call to arrange food parcel collection
- We will contact you via the number you provided the referral agency with.
- We will then discuss your dietary needs.
- We will also discuss any further necessary support for your needs.
If you have any further questions, please visit our FAQ’s page or give us a call.